Sunday, April 5, 2009

My new bag


I have been trying to find the perfect bag to put both my usual purse stuff plus Sydney's diaperbag necesscities in. The problem is they are either all way too big or simply I didn't like the material. So being the overly ambitious person I tend to be - I thought I'll just make one myself. First problem - what should it look like - I quickly found the wonderful world of Amy Butler Patterns. Second Problem - Material - that was also quickly solved by a trip the Netherlands Fabric Market. I got great deals on the material - 5€/m for the print and 2€/m for the solid. There were several other problems that came up - seeing as I decided to make the pattern myself, and then installing a magnetic snap. But I am thrilled with the end result.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, looks great! Can you make me one? :)

Unknown said...

I love it! I'll take one too!