Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tribute to my Dad

I spent 2 weeks in Canada - My Dad passed away suddenly and unexpected the day I arrived home. I am so greatful that I decided to take the girls over despite the stress of travelling alone - it was so worth all the stress.
My Dad was a simple man who didn't want lots of material things. He loved to fix things himself. A Holiday wasn't a trip to a different city or the beach, but a day in the bush picking berries or fishing at some remote location. He loved gardening and had 2 green thumbs - he even had his own gardening store. He was the best example of hard work. He loved his family, spoiled us when we were younger with a huge slide every winter complete with cinder block steps. I loved to tag along when he had to fix anything - I remember hammering nails in the walls of my bedroom when he fixed up the basement. There are so many other memories that I'll cherish forever, especially the last ones where he was playing with my girls.
I love you Dad, and miss you tons.
Me and my Dad 1981
My sister and me eating with Dad
My Wedding.(2004)

Dad and Sydney (2 months old) 2008

Dad dancing with Sydney at Kerry's Wedding reception 2008.

Dad and Sydney playing in the basement, Christmas 2009.

No comments: