Friday, April 1, 2011

Sick Days

Sydney has been battling various colds and fevers since she started kindergarten in January. Thursday she woke up with a fever of 39.5 C(103 F), which meant another Sick Day. I decided to make the most of being stuck in the house for 2 days and decided I should get the sewing machine out. Sick Day 1 (Thursday) I fixed up a dress for a friend. Today (Sick day 2) I made this pocket book.

I found the idea and tutorial on the following website.
http://hollandcox.com/blog/2010/10/tutorial-mini-pocketbook.html

Here is the outside view of the pocket book.

Inside view of the pocket book.

Here is what it looks like when it's packed with essentials that don't fit in my wallet. Seeing as I am Canadian and live in Germany I have to carry my passport around with me everywhere. I've been looking for something along this line for a while. Plus it's a quick project to sew up.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

very cute portfolio. you should make one of these crayon holders next http://acraftymomslife.blogspot.com/2009/08/drawing-pad-portofolio-with-crayon.html
actually you should make 2 so my kids have one too :)

Valerie said...

I love the fabric you chose! Great job, and thanks for sharing pictures :)

Valerie